In order to keep your hardwood floors scratch-free and shiny, they must be professionally sanded and refinished from time to time. If you are looking for a professional wood flooring company to install a hardwood floor or to perform any cleaning or restoration services, here are some of the things that should go into the wood floor installations in Union NJ:
Sanding. Sanding technology has greatly improved throughout recent years. At one time, the sanding process was long and messy, leaving sawdust all over only to spend more time cleaning it up. Now, any respectable company will use dust containment systems. This will eliminate any airborne dust particles and greatly reduce cleanup time.
Refinishing. Refinishing is a way to protect your hardwood floors by applying a protective layer of wood finish. A good company will use water base polyurethane that meets all of the federal clean air quality standards. They create non-toxic fumes and dry within two hours. This is the most durable finish that you can use and is fast curing. Within a day, 90% the finish will be cured.
Experts advise that you get your hardwood floors sanded and refinished from time to time not only to improve aesthetically, but also increase the longevity of your floors. There are some other things that you can do yourself to help keep your floors in top shape. Here are some tips to maintaining hardwood:
- Wait at least two weeks after applying finish to use any cleaner on your floors.
- Place rugs or mats on any high traffic areas. This can be places such as doorways and especially in front of sinks where water or food has a tendency to spill.
- Put pads under table legs, chairs and other furniture that might leave scratches.
- Never use cleaners that are wax-, silicone-, or pine-based on hardwood flooring.
- Use a dust mop or bristle head vacuum to clean dirt.
- Immediately wipe up any spills with a cloth. Follow that up with the recommended cleaning product.
- Try not to walk on the floor in high heels.
When the wood begins to show signs of wear, contact a professional to recoat it with the original finish. Make sure to do this before it is worn down to bare wood. If you would like more information on Union NJ wood floor installations, contact ABC Flooring Inc.