There are many types of hardwood floors that a homeowner can choose from. These floors have unique aesthetic qualities, compositions, and environmental impact. The experts at ABC Flooring, North NJ wood floor contractors, have designed article will help you decipher the different aspects of hardwood flooring options.
- Factory finished – These wood floors come finished direct from the factory. No sanding or sealing is required and they are ready to walk on. This type of floor is obviously less costly in the long run since all the tedious work has been done at the factory.
- Solid wood – Just as the name implies, this flooring is composed of single pieces of solid wood. The main benefit of solid wood floor boards is the ability to be sanded and refinished multiple times.
- Engineered wood floors – These are still comprised of real wood, but they are manufactured using multiple layers of different wood. The grain of each layer is runs perpendicular to the one beneath it, making the floorboard more stable. This causes less expansion and contractions in the wood with the changing temperatures and humidity levels.
- First grade wood – This wood flooring has a uniform appearance and varies in natural colors. It features very limited character marks in the wood.
- Second grade wood – This type varies in appearance more and features knots and streaks in the wood.
- Third grade wood – Used for a rustic appearance allowing all of the wood's natural characteristics.
After considering all of these aspects in hardwood flooring and making your decision, it is time to find a suitable hardwood floor contractor. ABC Flooring North NJ wood floor contractors that have the experience and knowledge to ensure your hardwood floors are meet your expectations.
ABC Flooring Inc.
409 77th Street
North Bergen, NJ 07407