Sanding is the process of smoothening a surface by rubbing it with sandpaper or similar abrasives. Specifically, wood floor sanding in NJ is the process of removing the top surface of a wooden floor by rubbing it with abrasive materials and it is a part of the processes of refinishing wooden floors – preparing the floor, sanding, and coating with varnish. At ABC Flooring Inc we can sand almost any floor made from wooden materials such as timber, cork, oak, pine, parquet etc.
|Wood Floor Sanding in NJ|
The nature and technicality of sanding requires the expertise of professionals for excellent finishing, our experts use specialized machines like the drum sander, edge sander, corner sander and the multi disc sander which serve different roles during the sanding process. For instance, the drum sander is great for fine-surfacing wooden floors without showing sanding marks on the floor. While the edge sander is used for sanding door edges, stairs, under cabinets and long stocks. The corner sander on its own is used to access difficult corners which the drum sander and edge sander could not smoothen out. It is usually an ancillary. Multi disc sanders are used last for finishing the sanding work to give a pretty smooth surface.
These machines are relatively heavy with specialized functions but the advantages outweigh the use of regular/D-I-Y sanding. Such advantages include:
- Efficiency: Sanding machines can produce, shape and smoothen surfaces with minimal effort and time. They also give quality finishing touch to wooden floors that may otherwise not be got from using sandpaper.
- Speed: Sanding machines cover more work in less time than using sandpaper by hand would ever cover.
- Safety: safety is ensured both to the operator, the home and the homeowners, once professionals are involved. We always wear safety kits such as gloves, goggles, elbow pads etc. As for dust, that's not a problem because we only use dustless systems.
The advantages of wood floor sanding
- Sanding brings a new life to wood floors and generally makes the home more appealing.
- Proper sanding helps to get rid of dust, allergens and stains that have accumulated for long on wooden floors.
- Wood floors are known to last only when regularly and properly sanded. In essence, sanding insures the durability of your wooden floors.
- A properly sanded wooden floor can accommodate floor covering perfectly. When there is no sanding at all or a shoddy one, floor coverings look uncool.
- Sanding ensures and restores warmth and comfort in your home. You can conveniently sit or lie on a properly sanded floor and feel real good.
- Once the sanding process is done, maintenance becomes easier. All that’s needed is just regular sweeping and mopping.
- Value Appreciation: This is a no-brainer. You may want to put up your house for sale and surely, a properly sanded wooden floor will increase the cash value of your home unlike if the floor is not sanded at all.